RRC Questions

Dunc

Hi chaps,

Millions of questions which i'd be grateful with help with.

My mate has offered me a RRC for £180 with LPG tank where the fuel tank used to be and a small tank in the wing for petrol.

I'm thinking of buying it for the LPG system and bunging it on mine and also having th rear axle off it because mine leaks.

Will the axle fit? t's on a 'J' and mine's an 'H'.

What should i check on the LPG system? I can run it much because the engine's buggered.

Want to get it all sussed before committing to buy it.

Cheers

Axle should be a straight swap, lpg's worth that and you'll get £50 for the remainder down the scrapyard!

Apart from the pipes, what are the bits to check on the LPG system?

Do they much electronics, because i'm allergic to electrics!

The loom will mostly unplug, except maybe at the tank and the switch under the dash -other than that, label everything as you unplug it, and only do if you need to!

I recently removed one and I got the whole loom off in one piece :)

As has been said, the mixer and vaporiser is probably worth the £180 alone, plus the tanks, plus the electrics, plus everthing else..... you can't lose.

And Rangies are getting £100 down the scrapper atm :)

You might want to check if the J plate has ABS (assuming your H plate does not). You'll need to transfer your brake lines over if it does as the ABS is 4 channel and will have two lines to the rear axle rather than the one you get with standard brakes.

Thanks Bish, hadn't thought of that.

Mine isn't ABs, but swapping the calipers off my axle and putting them on t'other wouldn't bother me.

Thanks chaps. Be plenty of body panels in the classifieds soon (hopefully)!