Discovery Dog Guards

sotal

I posted a wanted a couple of weeks back for a dog guard for my 300tdi, people suggested trying ebay etc or paddocks

Anyway I've been watching on ebay and they keep selling for about £50 + £15 p&p, which is too much!

My local place sells them new for £63

The local place has two types available (probably britpart)

The part numbers are STC8414 and STC7570

The first one is a mesh type and the second is the bars.

I've had a quick search on those part numbers on the web (to find pics), and the first one is a mesh and says it's only for use with vehicles without rear aircon.

The tubular one says it's for use with vehicles with rear aircon.

My disco doesn't have rear aircon, but I want the tubular one, will it fit??

It should fit, I think the difference will be that the roof is a bit lower in the vehicle with a/c fitted, so the guard will be a few inches lower at the top to accommodate this. Mounting points could be different but the only way to find out is to look at them.

Yes it'll go in no bother. I've put one in mine which has no air-con and the one I took it out of had no air-con either. There weren't any mounting points as such, but a bit of drilling, trim pulling and the help of a slim-wristed assistant got in on in no time.

Yep thanks for the replies,

Got one, fitted perfectly in abbout 2 minutes.

It's Britpart but it's actually very good quality - although it appears britpart only resell it, it's made by trav-all, although you can only tell cause it's stamped on the dog guard - britpart have gone all through the instruction manual with a pair of scissors and cut out the makers logo/name and address!

i got mine today (mesh variant) and fitted it too. ordered from paddocks as a black britpart one, what came in the post was a dark grey (gunmetal kinda colour) LR genuine parts one and all for 55 quid. came with the proper instructions too although i already have them on the rave CD

not mine, but the one i have

DogGuard.jpg

Yeah that was the colour of mine, dark gun metal grey. I went for the slatted one as I keep having to carry 3m lengths of wood etc, and it can slide straight through and down into the passenger footwell.

It's daft that they're cheaper delivered form the shops than they are on ebay!