Range rover harsh jerking on upchange

wayno

My 1990 rrc auto has a harsh jerk when changing up gears whilst accelerating hard.

Seems to be getting worse just lately. Now seems to be happening under lighter acceleration too when before it was only when giving it some oomph !!!

Harsh upshifts. Check main line pressure. If high then likely fault is seized primary regulator.

Tests are also given for harsh upshift 1 to 2 and 2 to 3, if high pressure then primary regulator. If normal presure then faults likely in the various clutch, clutch brakes, clutch brake dampers or modulator valve.

Just a thought, but could it be the kickdown cable?

Is the box holding a gear for longer than normal (i.e. higher revs) then changing which results in the harsh change?

For the price of a kickdown cable or even a bit of adjustment it might be worth a try.

Dunno... :blink: I am sure a grown up will be along shortly to educate us! :D

No mate doesnt seem to be hanging on to the gears but ill check the adjustment any how.

If the box is on its way out i think ill run it till it goes completely. See how long it holds on for !!

Think im going to replace all my bushes too this might reduce a little free movement in the running gear, they certainly look worse for wear.