OT - Toughbook addition

JST

Cheers for the offer Darren, its all sorted now, i need to run a Pansonic filter after each reboot to stop some other software turning the GPS off!! so all works thank you. you still up for that bike ride?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have Franson on disk? I have it on my laptop but I can't seem to get it onto my in car PC. If I put in on my flash drive it won't take on the PC.

Any ideas?

This laptop, doesn't have lists of names and other personal details on does it?:P

Chris

errrrr sort of i just emailed them all entry forms for comps and DRDs i thought thats what they had left their names on their for.

600,000 emails later my machine crashed though so i dont know if they replied.

Sorry mark dont have Franson

OK. Bugger. Will have to try some other way of getting Fransom onto my PC. Might have to go down the route of connecting my mobile to it and downloading it that way

Jamie

Yes have a USB. Put Franom on but it still won' take any info from GPS. It uses a 9 pin to put info into PC. Perhaps it needs to go in via a USB?

A thought came to me earlier. How can I test that the lead from the GPS to PC is actualy moving information. It is of the type that it comes from the Cig socket for power and splits. 1 end goes to GPS and the other goes to PC terminating in a 9 pin plug. If I put a multimeter on the 9 pin plug checking each port will they show any power/info enough to register on the meter.

Or does any one have another lead to confirm tha my lead is at fault? Or know of another way of testing my setup?

Setup is as follows.

PC running XP home.

MM4

Garmin 12 XL

Pattern lead to connect it all up.

Guest diesel_jim

What is the plug on the GPS end of the lead like Mark? the one for my GPS3+ is a round one, about 3/4" diameter (maybe slightly smaller) with 4 pins.

yer welcome to try it out, i'll fling it in the post if you want.

Have a look on GPSW I've got a garmin data/power lead for my 12XL from them, it has the round plug for fitting in the 12XL & 4 bare end wires for

data in

data out

power in

earth

this one

connected the 12XL to vehicle battery & my Kenwood TM-D700 ham radio for position info, works fine, you could fit your own PC plug to it.

Guest diesel_jim
I know he would if I asked but I think with a TD5 build going on he has enough on his plate

s'not a problem mate, if you get one fling it over i'll glue on a plug, no problem (that's what work time is for... :lol::lol: )

that above lead you posted the link from eblag is virtually the same as the one i've got. got mine from Maplins although it was only about £20 when i got it!

again, shout if you want to borrow it to eliminate your lead