hello to everyone

clarkey31

would like to say hello to everyone.

and also pick someone's brains i am sorry for coming here and asking a question strait away but i am have a some problems with my l reg diesel disco.

When i go to pull off i get a server clunk it seamed to be coming from the front left wheel but after reading many post on here i have completely stripped that down and everything is ok.

some one suggested taking off the the front drive shaft to see if that made a difference when i did that it was no better maybe even worse if i try and pull of quickly i seam to loose all drive completely but will pull off slowly.

again sorry about coming strait to the forum with a problem but am pulling my hair out and don't want to spend any money till i no what the problem is.

Thanks Gavin

I assume when you took the front propshaft off you were driving it in difflock? That is often pretty clunky anyway, driving like that.

I'd go right through the system check all the prop UJ's, all the suspension bushes and ball joints etc etc and see if there is any excess play anywhere. It might seem like it is coming from the front wheel but sounds can be transmitted in odd ways... you may well find it is at the back!

Welcome

As Bogmonster said the noise could be coming from anywhere. I would check for play in ass the propshafts 1st and give all the uj's a good grease up. If you can get the wheels off the ground check for play in the front wheel bearings aswell as this can give some odd noises

Thanks for replying i was having the problem before taking the front drive shaft off but has seamed to get worse i have had it up a lift and have checked all the bushes they all seam pretty good have had a bar on them and almost no play i did have to change the rear shocks as they were gone.

Have total stripped the front hubs re-greased the wheels bearings and cv joints.

all the prop shaft joints seam to be ok

I am a bit worried that it might be the transfer box

but i really dont no 4*4 very well.

Thanks gavin