More bling factor...

Michele

Easiest finger saver is a short piece of string tied on the hook or cable at the start of an event, always there and easy to use.

Our winch training course made several suggestions to a piece of long grass, straw or even a short piece of tree twig cut to a hook.

I think at the MWWCE we should make a finger saver compulsory, loss of points for not using it?

What do you think Nige, safety grounds?

Re:-"Well I guess thats another good reason to keep things trimmed!"

I can just see it now--

New Product Release

Scrapiron Racing are pleased to announce The Beaver Guard.

Constructed from 10mm stainless steel with drain holes included (choice of pattern).

Bespoke measuring service available for large under carriages.

Can be fitted/removed by competent person.

Chastity version available with key.

For your latest "Bling" accessory, please call for a price.

John. Lol :P

Just use one of your old rubber bushes from the front Radius arm, run the Plasma type rope through and it stops the thimble hitting your alli hawse and damaging it !

I use a hook on the bonnet and rear cage so no need to get yer mitts any where near pinchville :rolleyes:

I just wind the cable in until there's a couple of feet of slack, hook the hook onto its retaining loop under the bumper, and then wind the rest of it in with hands clear until its tight. No need to put fingers anywhere near the cable - and if you do need to guide it over roller fairleads or something (mine is a hawse so no problem), you can just hold the cable between finger and thumb so no danger of trapping pinkies :)

Mangling fingers is a bit like treading on a garden rake and having it bash you on the back of the head, you really only have to watch what you are doing, to not do it :)

I like the radius arm bush idea Les :)