Trailer land rovers

T1G UP

I Trailed at the weekend, i use my 90 and i'm in RTV 4 class. I get bord with getting stuck etc and want a mod.

Whats the best engine gearbox,seating position,axles, cage combo.

What would you build if you had a RRC 3.9v8 rolling chassis as a base?

what type of trailing are you wanting to do

as i do class 4 RTV's and i haven't got stuck yet, after 2 years

all i run is a 2.5td 90 with an old set of 235/85/16 dirt devils.

my farther inlaw uses a 300TDI 90 with 235/85/16 insa turbo special track and comes in the top 10 most years

and my brother inlaw uses a v8 90 with 7.50/ 16 mud trains< and comes in the top ten too.

the only landy's that do better is the 80" (tonker toys) there are some with all engines

I'd see if i could get an old S1 80" and cut the chassis to fit the S1 boy on to the RRC chassis.

Tim

What would you build if you had a RRC 3.9v8 rolling chassis as a base?

I'd throw away everything electric possible, convert the 3.9 to carbs, keep everything simple and repairable in the middle of a field.

I used a 3.5v8/3spd auto rangie rolling chassis to build a class 1 trialer. I made the chassis as short as possible, accomodating the drivetrain, and it ended up 82.5" wheelbase, any shorter than that and i would have had serious rear prop issues with binding/breaking. After that, i got everything mechanical working, and built a seat and cage on top, it makes things much simpler that way.

as i do class 4 RTV's and i haven't got stuck yet, after 2 years

Your not trying hard enough then!

Trying to think a little out of the box regarding just a tonka toy style shortened RRC. i like those moon buggy style mods that are appearing.

This is my old class 1 trialler, built in early 2000.

fire009.jpg

Many many evolutions over the years, best of all was with 300tdi, series box, panard rod and radius arm front and back and a salisbury in the rear.

This is what we trial now,

jimny1.jpg

Suzuki jimny rolling chassis with ford 1800 turbo diesel, almost nothing stands a chance against it, it's triple driven at almost every event, rarely breaks and its turning circle makes anything landrover based look like a supertanker in comparison.

Your not trying hard enough then!

Trying to think a little out of the box regarding just a tonka toy style shortened RRC. i like those moon buggy style mods that are appearing.

maybe not. but i get stuck on fun days too much :P

tonka are the only way i could go as i RTV with cornwall & devon landrover club and there alrc,

witch means i have to keep every thing landrover body work engine gearbox and running gear.