Winch contactor wiring diagrams now online...

David_LLAMA4x4

I have just added a 'downloads' page to my website and the first 2 .pdf files on it are the wiring diagrams for Albright style contactors...

Ignore the clour makings as these are, I imagine, unique to Superwinch but they show nice and clearly how to wire a contactor instead of the old type barrel solenoids.

This is a question I get asked quite often so hopefully having it online will make life easier for a few people.

The difference between the 2 diagrams is for 'normal' 3 terminal motors and the 'earlier' type with just 2 wires to the motor...

Hope thay are of some use to you

Many thanks

David

David...that's a real help actually.

Something I think a few others have over looked here is that there are infact other brands of winch that use only two motor terminal connections and not three.

I recently purchased an Albright solenoid for use with my 8274 winch....but since taking the winch off from the 130 I wanted to use the contactor on my Discoveries Ramsey 8000 which has only two terminals.

Just this weekend I attempted to change it over and ended up resorting back to solenoids because I didn't know how to wire it up to two motors terminals.

Looking at your two post diagram...I now know that it's possible.

So thanks very much!

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the socket on a Warn XD9000i ? The wire colours are white, red, green, brown and black. I took the winch apart to clean it and paint it. I made a careful note of where the wires went in the socket and like a muppet lost my diagram.

TIA

Ivan