Door mirrors

Ponti

OK silly question time,

Are early (J reg) 200tdi electric door mirrors heated? If so How?

Is it possible to fit later door mirrors? As I would like to fit electric folding ones! I know i'll probably have to make up a wiring loam as they will be different, but are the control knobs different and would they fit where the current one is??????

OH and by the way HAPPY CHRISTMAS

the mirrors usually demist/frost when you switch the heated rear window on. not sure on the fitment of later ones though. HTH

Will try the switch, hadn't used it as rear window is blanked off.

As far as I know no 200 tdi mirrors are auto-demist. I stand to be pleasantly surprised..

See this obviously wasn't such a silly question :D

They're the same mirrors as later classic range rovers aren't they? Those are heated with the rear screen demist, so you could always swop them for those if the discovery version isn't heated. TBH I thought all electric mirrors on all cars were heated?

As for electric folding do any land rovers of this era have them? 300Tdi don't, so you're looking at at least TD5 which may be a different mounting as well as electrics.

They're the same mirrors as later classic range rovers aren't they? Those are heated with the rear screen demist, so you could always swop them for those if the discovery version isn't heated. TBH I thought all electric mirrors on all cars were heated?

As for electric folding do any land rovers of this era have them? 300Tdi don't, so you're looking at at least TD5 which may be a different mounting as well as electrics.

Cheers Geoff