I hate my Bonnet

goaty

Hey,

I am now giving up on it, i have ahad this problem before but cant do it this time round.

Bonnet cabel snapped so i have had the grill out to open it by hand, no problem.

Now it wont budge. What ever i try i cant get it open and my Clutch Master cylinder is leaking so it just gets worse.

Can anyone offer some adive on how to get it open or off all together??

thanks

goaty

Dont want to have to cut it out at the mo as i dont have anything to replace it with the shut it again.

I did think about taking the pin out but you cant get to the srew head on the end of it when the bonnet is shut the end of the pin sits in a little housing and you cant get the end of it.

I have been hanging on the end of the lever that the cable pulls but it wont budge. Got minor play then just goes solid.

I just cant see a way of doing it. Tried the two 10mm bolts on the bottom of the bracket but that didn't help at all.

Anyone got any other ideas??

Really need to get to the clutch resevouir.

cheers

the lever the cable pulls on should move fairly easily to the vehicles right for at least 10 to 20mm so it disengages the locking bar from the plate on the pin, if it's only moving a little bit, sounds like the lever is bent or the pin plate is bent.

with the diagram below, you might be able to undo the bolts -- item 10 & item 2, total of 6 bolts which should allow you to lift the bonnet, taking the complete slam panel & lock mechanism with it, then you should be able to see whats holding/obstructing the lock.

hope it helps.

post-20-1198265659_thumb.jpg