wing removal

gelf

Been trying to separate my wing tops from the sides today whilst still fitted to the 110............ 23 years of rust has destroyed the nuts and bolts.

I cant get a grinder in to cut them...... not enough room to shear them off!

All ideas gratefully recieved.......

Is it easier to take the whole assembly off? if so..... any tips?

Thanks

Graham

to remove the complete wing [top/side/headlight panels] first remove the flexi arch,front lights disconnect electrics, then the 5 bolts at rear to bulkhead, 1 long bolt at top of chassis rail & 2 or 3 from slam panel & 3 from grille panel IIR'dC that should let you lift off the complete assembly

its the tops that are wrecked...... and need changing if i can find some new ones on the net........ although someone local has just fitted the north off road jobbies, and as ive a cage going on im just contemplating the expense of these..... :huh:

or there is these as a cheaper option

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-...1QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I have just fitted the north off road wings to one of mine, its a bit fiddly but we got there in the end.

We will be putting some additional cross back to chassis bracing just to give it a bit more stability.

If you are putting new wing tops on, why not just cut/grind the old ones untill you can see the offending nuts/bolts.