Crank seal and tyres!

Hi all

I've done a 200tdi conversion on my 90 and now the crank seal is leaking!

When i changed the fly wheel housing from the 19j engine that came out of the 90 onto the 200tdi engine i fitted a new genuine crank seal and housing gasket from my local dealer, now my question is did i fit the right one?!

The crank seal i fitted was for a 200tdi but should i have fitted a 19j one as that was the fly wheel housing i was using? is there a difference between a 19j one and a 200 one?

also i'm running 255/85 16 BFG muds on the 90 would i gain anything gearing wise from fitting the transfer box from my donor discovery?

thanks in advance for any help and may you all have a happy and prosperous new year!

Rich

Crank seal is LR part number err2532 same as the 200Tdi one.

disco 1.2:1 transfer gears with those tyres would probably be overgeared.

Thanks for the info, i'd better go and give the local steeler another £20 for another new one tomorrow!

Rich

wrap some tape or thin card around the end of the crank before sliding the seal into place, it'll help protect the seal lip & should stop it getting nipped, once the seal is in place just pull the tape or card out.

When I recently changed the seal on my 300 it had a little white plastic insert which helped slide the seal over the crank, the insert came out as the seal went on.

Also I am told the seal was updated from the earlier ones but if that is so then I guess you can only buy the updated version.