sun roofs

stripy

has les or anyone done a nice "how to" on taking out the headlineing please

i did do a search, but i'm not sure i done it right , i couldent find diddly :rolleyes:

cheers john

why do you need to remove the headlining?

you can remove your sunroof without taking out the headlining

Or this one http://www.muckytruckin.co.uk/pages/techni...f/discoroof.asp

I used that one and it worked a treat.

FWIW neither of my sunroofs leaked at the drains, they both leaked through the sunroof - roof seal (OEM is a bit of draught seal type stuff) goes hard & won't seal, water then gets in and dripped through the screw heads.

Most likely once you've got the lining down you'll exactly where the problem is.

Lining is surprisingly easy really, remember the interior light wires & stuff & don't worry about bending it, it springs back and the creases disappear.

Getting it back in is much easier with two, but it can be done by yourself with a bit of swearing !!

Whilst the lining's out check the alpine window seals and the roof to side seal esp at the rear quarters.

• 3 weeks later...

hi enduro

to get the headlining out will take an hour max, to get the sunroofs out cleand and resealed will take another couple of hours.

i found it a realy stright forward & easy job to do, plus now i know everything is sealed and the overflow pipes clear and clean, it's well worth doing.

if you put by a day to do it that would be plenty, with time for tea & cake to.

cheers john

Good links there chaps, looks like a to do job when the weather clears!

Does anybody know if the manual type sunroofs are the same footprint as the electric piles of tripe that are fitted to my 300 ES?.

If so I think a change is in the offing.

Sorry to hijack the thread, any answers greatly appreciated.

Cheers John