Gas conversion

T-Rex

Guys any idea where i would get the diaphram (looks like an orange wide rubber band) that goes around the air flow meter on my gas/petrol V8 air intake system....Engine is backfiring at random causing this band to blow off and confuse the ECU thus causing a stall and a stubborn restart. Band has now snapped and can't locate one this side of the pond..I dont have access to the vehicle at the mo so dont know gas system but i believe its not the "Landerini or the Tartarini(apologies for the spelling) systems.. Ta ta in advance..Mike

Can't quite work out what the part you're talking about is. Is it part of the LPG kit or the original intake system? I guess if you aren't near the vehicle you don't have a photo?

I used to have LPG backfiring problems on my old Range Rover until I sorted the ignition out, and as a result had an intake pipe that was largely composed of gaffer tape! I wasn't about to pay £30 for a pipe that might get blown apart again the next day...

Backfiring on LPG is often caused by a weak mixture which in turn can be caused by airleaks on the induction side.

Can also be caused by improper switching over.

Have a look through http://www.go-lpg.co.uk/hints.html

http://www.wtv-uk.co.uk show the elastic band type backfire valve on their site, so they may be able to help

Guys any idea where i would get the diaphram (looks like an orange wide rubber band) that goes around the air flow meter on my gas/petrol V8 air intake system....Engine is backfiring at random causing this band to blow off and confuse the ECU thus causing a stall and a stubborn restart. Band has now snapped and can't locate one this side of the pond..I dont have access to the vehicle at the mo so dont know gas system but i believe its not the "Landerini or the Tartarini(apologies for the spelling) systems.. Ta ta in advance..Mike

Thanks lads have part winging its way to me much oblidged....Pic of the offending part(under the gaffer tape)

post-713-1200002072_thumb.jpg

LPG backfiring can also be caused by faulty HT LEADS.

check all leads are in good condition BEFORE replacing parts.

The resulting explosion blew the intake pipe off, the airbox into 3 peices and a nice hole in the bonnet (hood) lining.

11box.jpg

Alex

....Scary to see the power in the backfire. It was the same on mine tho the K&N air filter is intact , the blow back valve has sealed itself shut ...twice and still managed to destroy the rubber ring and the bonnet lining...But your right about the HT leads ..and the distrib cap and correct plugs...Anything that causes the timing to sneez will throw out the gas.....