rrc wiper woes

frrfrr

hi can anyone help ,

my front wiper blades wont return to the start position when in intermited wipe , they stick at the top and there is a noise through the radio . they work fine on the full and fast settings but not on the intermited. has anyone had this problem?

regards fraser

Sounds like you need a new lever. Sounds like there's a fault with that bit of the switch, if there's interferance in the radio it probably means it's got power but just not fully operational.

hi , i actually changed the switch over from my freelander one , the problem was still in the range rover . the rrc switch worked fine when put on the freelander. do you know where the relay is? its a soft dash rr

regards fraser

I have had similar problems with my wipers - wouldn't work at all on intermittent or normal spped, but once put on high speed it would then work in all other positions. Always worse in damp weather. Would also loose the park facility and you had to time switching them off to try and get them to park.

At first I suspected the switch and swapped it for a known good one but the same symptons remained.

It got so bad in the end that it would not work in any position so I took the motor out (which is a PITA to get to) and doused it in WD 40 as I didn't have a spare.

That had given it a new lease of life but the cycle is starting again alread so it looks like a replacement motor is on the cards.

It sounds to me that you might be heading in the same direction.

• 3 weeks later...