gearbox goosed?

keithjh

Hi All

just recieved this from a mate, its not the UJs as they were replaced yesterday morning with origonal ones not ----part ones. Any thoughts before i drive a 120 miles to have a look

The bad news is though that the knocking is back with a vengence. It started again when i was reversing the little trailler back into the corner and seemed to get worse at each junction i stopped at on the way home. Do you think i could have broken something?

When you dip the clutch with it in gear there are like 'clanking' or loose rattling sounds. When you raise the clutch to make it bite there is the normal bang when it takes up the play but then more bang/clanks as you set off.

Would i be right in saying that any problem now must be either gearbox or front diff?

Regards

Keith

Nearly forgot its a 200Tdi 110

Could be loads

Drain oils for that giveaway "Shiney lumps teeth and Bugger" Effect

Do one at a time, closely look, drain the container clean and then 'next'... :huh:

Diffs, - Front and rear

Main Gearbox

Transfer Box (and maybe centre diff)

Have a close look, siv the oil and look closely - often you can narrow it down :(

HTH

Nige

Check the handbrake is not binding, most drums are not round and if it is just binding a little you can get a horrible banging through the transmission usually on the overrun

Just phoned my mate it was the handbrake causing the bangs etc, i phoned and told him to check it earlier and he just phoned back and all is fine again after adjustment, many thanks

Keith

Check the handbrake is not binding, most drums are not round and if it is just binding a little you can get a horrible banging through the transmission usually on the overrun

Just phoned my mate it was the handbrake causing the bangs etc, i phoned and told him to check it earlier and he just phoned back and all is fine again after adjustment, many thanks

Keith