07MY DEF MPG

JST

Have you got one if so what MPG do you get? only interested in the 07MYone with the PUMA engine

coudl you comment MPG, total mileage, additions that may affect it - eg roofrack and type of driving - town/motorway/towing etc

Just after an idea.

any responses greatly appreciated

Thank you

Have you got one if so what MPG do you get? only interested in the 07MYone with the PUMA engine

coudl you comment MPG, total mileage, additions that may affect it - eg roofrack and type of driving - town/motorway/towing etc

Just after an idea.

Thank you

2007 90 CSW = 33/34mpg on a 70 mile commute :D

Just after an idea.

Thank you

Done a total of 400 miles over the last day or so and it is doing 28MPG. Mixture of single track lanes, A roads and motorways. However 300 or so of those miles were motorway at a steady 70 - 80 . Vehicle is a standard 90 hardtop which has covered 5,000 miles. Only mod is 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres which I am really pleased with. They are quiet and far better both in the dry and the wet than the 235/85/16 General Grabbers it came with which, if miketomcat pulls his finger out, will be on ebay soon!! :rolleyes:

29mpg.

Mixture of fast A road / Motorway (70%) and traffic / Slow country lanes (30%)

Only modified by taking off the original tyres (personal choice - I hate those grabbers) and fitting alloys with 265/75/16 BFG A/T.

That's over the last 2,000 miles. Did not pay attention at first as the last one (TD5) was worse until it had loosened up a bit.

Richard

I was just thinking of starting a thread like this :)

110 XS S/W.

No significant aerodynamic mods.

600m to date.

Mostly short commute (10m) on fast A-roads + couple of 50-60m trips + 25m greenlaning.

Looks like I'm getting about 22mpg. My Td5 90 was closer to 26-27mpg for same conditions.

My observation is that I'm getting slightly less than I would have expected (6th gear should help considerably) and I wonder whether the Puma engine uses more on startup and is therefore affected more by short trips. When cold it seems to put out a lot more smoke on startup (Td5 was pretty clean). I can't believe the switch to a 110 has made that much difference. I was wondering whether I cruise at a slightly higher speed becasue it is so much more refined.

Also wondered whether it would settle down once the engine had a few more miles under it. Otherwise was thinking of asking LR to have a look at it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got to drive a number regularly over the past three and a half years.

The difference between the 90's and 110's is large. I also found that the variation between individual Td5 vehicles is big. I've had about 7 Td5 90 SW and 4 TdCi 90 SW all standard. The Td5 did for my driving which is not slow did between 220-250 on the worst offender and the best always did between 250-290. The TdCi have been more consistant between cars at 270-330, but more variable depending on the type of driving. I definately get more like for like on the Puma.

On the 110's although the tank holds more fuel I never get them to go proportinatley that much further.

HTH

Mark.