Pneumatic 5/2 valve

LandyManLuke

I'm after a cheap 5/2 pneumatic valve, does anyone have any ideas on suppliers?

my research so far has yielded valves with a £70 - £80 price tag, which is far too much for what i'm doing.

Ebay sometimes has stuff like this, but seems a bit dried up at the moment.

Cheers

Luke

I'm after a cheap 5/2 pneumatic valve, does anyone have any ideas on suppliers?

my research so far has yielded valves with a £70 - £80 price tag, which is far too much for what i'm doing.

Ebay sometimes has stuff like this, but seems a bit dried up at the moment.

Cheers

Luke

Hi Luke,

I normally get this kind of stuff from RS Components http://www.rswww.com, but you're right it's a bit pricey, although quite how much depends on the port sizes you want. I recently noticed Pneu Store http://www.pneu-store.co.uk, they sell SMC parts. I'm afraid I've not had a chance to check their pricing yet but it may be worth a look. I bought a 3/2 valve to run truck air horns from Duncan Rogers Engineering http://www.duncanrogers.com/ who have a good online shop. That cost about £45 a couple of years ago.

Be interested to hear what you find. Good luck.

Michael

If you are prepared to go 24v and don't need big port sizes, there is a lot of Festo stuff about (I might be able to find something kicking around). Failing that, AirTechnics in Tonbridge have been pretty good.

A 24v AC Solenoid will usually just about work on 12v DC.

You can get 12v to 24v DC/DC converters from RS and the like for a few quid which will drive a solenoid valve.

Final option is to use washing machine valves and re-wind the solenoid coil yourself Use 0.3mm copper wire and just wind on as much as you can on to the original former. If it gets too hot, use thinner wire and more coils. If it does not actuate, use thicker wire.

There are usually enough dumped washing machines around the place to 'score' the four valves you would need to make the equivalent of a 5 port. They usually have 10 to 12mm port size - which will shift some air and are usually happy at 110psi.

Si

They usually have 10 to 12mm port size - which will shift some air and are usually happy at 110psi.

Si

The thread is standard 3/4?? BSP. I'm using them at 10 bar (150 psi) with no problems apart from they tend to block up with emulsion in the air. They don't like reverse pressure either. Don't use washing machine pipe though, cut the ends and use proper airline.

Looks good. I've found a washing machine valve with one input and three outputs, each with its own solenoid. It's on a Miele machine, cold fill. Most washing machines have a double cold-fill valve. I've seen one cunning one that has a double valve, arranged to squirt water in three directions to flush each of the three soap compartments. Open Valve 1 squirts water to the left, 2 to the right and open them both the water streams collide and the jet goes straight ahead.

100 or so cans as a test run....

i think you enjoy crushing cans a little too much.

your going to be buying extra beer especially so you can crush the cans!!