reboring a 200tdi

Mark

Am going to rebuild a 200TDI to go into the disco, and it is reasnably likley that I will go for a rebore, but it got me thinking about what is possible with this engine. The usual is +20 thou or +40 thou but I wondered if is possible/sensible/feasisble to go beyond this to increase the capacity?

A TGV engine is 2.8 and is a 300tdi at heart. How different is the TGV block from the 300, and therfore the 200 block?

Would it be possible to use tgv pistons in a 200 block, or are there any other suppliers of pistons that could be used? I am not convinced that custom pistons is the way to go...

I realise the TGV has a variable vane turbo, which is probably not a route I will go down, but what else could be done to a 200's internals to raise the power level a touch?

Cheers

Mark

but what else could be done to a 200's internals to raise the power level a touch?

No idea how similar a 200 is to a TGV. There's been a bit of development in between.

Turner do uprated heads for the 200tdi, don't they?

I wonder do diesels benefit from hotter cams?

You'll struggle to bore enough to increase the capacity that much. Even a 1mm increase

will only add 50cc to the engine.So you'd be taking them up by 6mm to get 2.8 at which

point ther would be nowt left between the bores.

Your only option is a longer stroke crank, which is far preferable anyway as it'll give far

greater improvements in torque.

As far as I know, the TGV does not have much mods done to the block.

I'll now sit back and prepare to be corrected. :ph34r: