Croatia and Surrounding Coutries

Guest WALFY

Has anyone driven there? Looking at driving down for my hols this year and wondering how long to get there and where to drive. I know a few places down there Split, Tomislavgrad, Dubrovnik, Vitez and the like.

Can I fly doen and hire to save me the drive? Would it be daft to take my 57 reg 90. Is it to shiny to throw at the mountains. Or is it to such of a target for thieves?

Just do it........

Some of my favorite and best ofroading has been through Romania, Croatia, Hungary, Slovenia and Bosnia

It's amazing.....

And the people are very friendly, although once or twice i did feel uneasy in some of the bigger towns were you tend to find large numbers of blokes hanging around.........

But this tended to be border towns.

Go for it :)

Jim

Ps: We are back out to Croatia in May, can not wait B)

I drove down in a 6 month old 110 CSW a few years back. No problems at all with locals or damage.

In Zagreb the parking attendant even let us park for free without paying. :)

We made it a nice drive there and back by stopping for a few nights here and there on the way as it involves going through quite a few countries.

Richard

Yes,

But not that i can post :(

Sorry.

Check out : http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=22500

The video gives an idea of the terrian you find with ease all over these countries.

If your thinking of going, just make it happen. it really is worth it. probabley the last truly wild forests in Europe :(

So use them while you can, the Greens have already stopped a lot of offroading in Hungary, be sure that other countries will follow suit.

So what are you waiting for ;)

Jim