can you get one inch lift springs

I got a set a couple of years ago from Famous Four in Louth. They really transformed the truck and the lift was perfect for me.

Had a bit of trouble before xmas trying to find some 1"lift springs with a higher poundage tho, the back of the truck had started to sag. I have ended up with a set of HD springs and 1" spacers on the rear, the front is fine.

I got a set a couple of years ago from Famous Four in Louth. They really transformed the truck and the lift was perfect for me.

Had a bit of trouble before xmas trying to find some 1"lift springs with a higher poundage tho, the back of the truck had started to sag. I have ended up with a set of HD springs and 1" spacers on the rear, the front is fine.

I was thinking of putting the spacers on and HD springs! Did you have to renew the panhard rods & rear trailing arms for off set ones? To stop the vibration that I was told would happen if I put 2inc lift on my 110!

Cheers Ted

I was thinking of putting the spacers on and HD springs! Did you have to renew the panhard rods & rear trailing arms for off set ones? To stop the vibration that I was told would happen if I put 2inc lift on my 110!

Cheers Ted

I bought the +1.25" (3cm) Bearmach blue springs. The only problem I heard about these type of springs is that they do sag quite fast. Mine have been sitting in place for 4 months and they're still pushing up as they where when fitted :huh:

Did you have to renew the panhard rods & rear trailing arms for off set ones? To stop the vibration that I was told would happen if I put 2inc lift on my 110!

Cheers Ted

A 2" lift will most likely be fine. You won't need to change the panhard rod as the lateral axle movement on a 2" lift isn't noticeable.

On the rear, your bushes on the trailing arms where they attach to the chassis, might have a slightly harder life, as they will no longer be straight.

Similarly, in theory, your UJs will have a harder life as they are working at more of an angle.

Worst case, as happened me, is that you'll have some prop shaft vibration. This was as a result of a 2 1/2" lift on the rear, which pushed either end of the prop shaft out of parallel. Fixed by shimming the trailing arms to lower the diff pinion so that it was parallel with the transfer fox.

Cheers Ted

Hi Ted,

I specifically went for the 1" so I didn't have to change any of the other suspension geometry (SP)

The onlt thing I have noticed it the 3yrs its been fitted is that the Props are spread a little at all times and this can cause them to collect crud in the splines.

It is on a 90 tho...