What about Freelander 2?

viorelluta

I would like to know how you guys in the UK (and other countries) find the LRF 2.

I just had (last Saturday) a drive test with one - the 2.2 diesel. Unfortunately it had the automatic gearbox, so I could not feel the "real" power or acceleration of the car. However, compared with my actual 1.8, it is another story...

Here in Romania the price for the 2.2 TD4, manual transmission, "S" level is about 34,500 Eur, all taxes included. Pretty expensive, however I liked the car, but this time I would like to pay more attention to its reliability.

I was told that this engine was developed in cooperation with PSA (Peugeot-Citroen) and it can be found on all Ford models, is this correct?

thanks

Viorel

PS: the interior did not impress me too much. It is slightly more spacious. I liked more the spare wheel mounted on the rear door, as the removable trunk floor feels fragile. Yet, the 10 years between the two versions is visible.

Lovely car, stupid price. I would probably buy one if it was £5000 cheaper. Great to drive on road, surprisingly good off it (much better than the old ones) and a good evolution of the old Freelander in exactly the way the Discovery 3 wasn't a good evolution of the D2...

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to know how you guys in the UK (and other countries) find the LRF 2.

I just had (last Saturday) a drive test with one - the 2.2 diesel. Unfortunately it had the automatic gearbox, so I could not feel the "real" power or acceleration of the car. However, compared with my actual 1.8, it is another story...

Here in Romania the price for the 2.2 TD4, manual transmission, "S" level is about 34,500 Eur, all taxes included. Pretty expensive, however I liked the car, but this time I would like to pay more attention to its reliability.

I was told that this engine was developed in cooperation with PSA (Peugeot-Citroen) and it can be found on all Ford models, is this correct?

thanks

Viorel

PS: the interior did not impress me too much. It is slightly more spacious. I liked more the spare wheel mounted on the rear door, as the removable trunk floor feels fragile. Yet, the 10 years between the two versions is visible.

Bought one in October after having one as a loan car. The auto is faster than the manual if you check the figures. It is really nice better than the old model, which I had before. Mine is the HSE with all the toys. Really wanted a Disco 3 but having both as loan cars within weeks I found the FL2 went better, was more confortable and better speced the only advantage for the D3 as far as I was concerned was 7 seats/more space and bigger towing capacity. <_<