Where can I buy tyres?

CoolHands

It's a bit further round the M25, but AJS Tyres at Reigate are worth a call. Andy keeps BFG's and Coopers on the shelf, so should be able to sort you out. they are litterally 2 minutes off the M25 at J8 (I think..)

I'll second AJS. The lads are knowledgable and very good at balancing tyres.

They are definitely only 2 mins from the M25.

They are found on the short stub of road off the A217 just south of Stubbs Lane.

See the linked google map

They have tyres for Landrovers and the like that the usual tyre places just don't stock.

It is worth the detour and giving them a ring to make sure they have what you are after.

Martin

Watch out for Andy's (AJS) bad moods. He was so rude to me last time I called him that I will not be going back. I seemed to upset him by asking if he would beat another price.

My advice is to keep asking around local places and asking them to beat the next best price you have been offered. It is a pretty cut-throat business and they seem to have the margin to be able to give good discounts when they have the incentive. I always used to find ATS very competitive and OK about price matching/beating.

Chris

Some of the Tyres pricing was ridiculous and the under cutting lead to Colway going bust.

that would be why some of the tyre boys that are already reasonably priced get the hump when.

balancing and fitting all costs its not just the price of the rubber