Seven Sisters 13th, 14th, 15th June 2008

plasticbadger

Great News: Muddybottom 4x4 has booked the Seven Sisters site in South Wales for the weekend of 14th and 15th June 2008.

Situated off the A4109 between Glyn Neath Abercave the site is one of the best off-roading venues in the UK – not to mention huge (over 1600 acres!!). It is even used by BMW for off-road training (as featured on the Long Way Down) and the forestry tracks are used by main rally teams for testing.

I’ve spoken to some people who have been to this site 3 or more times and still believe they’ve seen it all!

For those of you who don’t know the site, some of the great features it offers are:

Miles of Greenlane type tracks varying from well surfaced roads to more tricky washed out rocky forest tracks.

Muddy holes and bogs

Hills and climbs from mild to extreme.

Water including streams, rivers, ponds and deep lakes

ROCKS! Rock filled drainage gullies, climbs and even water falls, for the truly hardcore.

Not to mention breathtaking scenary at the foot of the Brecon Beacons

Muddybottom have also booked the popular National Show Caves campsite for the weekend, starting on Friday 13th.

Arranged attractions will be a Punch Card Challenge, tours of the site and BBQs on both Friday 13th and Saturday 14th back at the campsite.

The cost for the event, including 2 nights camping and 2 days offroading is £100 for one driver and one passenger.

Extra passengers can come for £20.

Caravans will have to pay £12 per adult per night.

You need to be a member of Muddybottom 4x4 to attend.

PM me for a booking form, or membership details.

Rich

Jamie

Off to them big hills for a few days then on the way back going to cross that big bridge the Frogs built that was designed by an Englishman. Other than that not sure. Where ever the wind takes us.

Off to them big hills for a few days then on the way back going to cross that big bridge the Frogs built that was designed by an Englishman.

I hope that the weather at Milau Bridge is better for you than it was for us - about 500m visibility spoiled the panorama a bit. :( Magnificent construction just the same though.

I should avoid "Carcrashsonne-istan" if I were you...

It is 150 years since the shepherd girl had her vision of the Virgin Mary at Lourds(sp?) this year.

If you plan to visit Andorra on the way back I can recommended a keenly priced but magnificent hotel.

Chris

Thanks for the advice.

Hopefully we'll avoid any collisions with the locals as I'm taking the new 90. Will be a good run out for it I think. Just have to have a good look at it befoe I go and get it in for warrenty work that will be outstanding. That way it should be in good condition. Or I could take the cage off my 90 borrow a soft top from a mate ;) and enjoy the drive al be it in a little less comfort

As I commented to you yesterday, I would have no hesitation in taking the Puma. Tim never had any real concerns about damaging the Sport so a 90 should be OK. He did get a puncture though on his "Barbie goes to the racetrack" sports low profile tyres. :(

Chris

Jamie

Off to them big hills for a few days then on the way back going to cross that big bridge the Frogs built that was designed by an Englishman. Other than that not sure. Where ever the wind takes us.

Er actually, the bridge was designed by an extremely talented French engineer. Lord Foster had a relatively small part in the whole shooting match, despite what you may read. Either way, definately worth a visit.

I can now offer LR4x4 Forum members a 25% discount on joining Muddybottom 4x4 club. That's one year for £7.50, rather than the standard £10.

Unfortunately I can't offer any reduction in the cost of the Seven Sisters event as we will be making very little, or no profit on this.

To prevent abuse of this offer the following conditions will apply:

1. You will have to PM me for a special LR4x4 membership form
  2. You will need to be an established LR4x4 member - with 20+ posts
  3. The reduction applies to new members only - not renewals

Hopefully such a little temptation might help to get some ofyou guys to come and play with us in Wales :D

• 3 weeks later...