Fuels etc

white90

i avoid them 'cause they cost more ££

But wasnt there a report done on them a few months ago - where the conclusion was that they were best used for highly tuned modern diesels and petrol engines??

In ordinary cars that the rest of us mere mortals drive there was no significant benefit

I thought they did it at the same or similar time to when they tested all the fuel additives for EXTRA power etc and came back scientifically and said there was no added benefit for them either in terms of fuel economy, particulate emission reduction or enhanced power when tested on a test bed at some university somewhere...they were testing it on a an old rover 216 or similar though!

Im sure somebody will correct me if the scenality is displaying its presence again !!

I used to run my cars on the V power petrol if i was going on a long run as it improved the mpg noticeably and when i had a Renault 11 turbo it ran better and was noticeably more powerful on v power. The Diesel i put in me works van the other week and it did improve the mpg and response was also up. I believe many tests have also been done comparing the fuels of normal unleaded, super and v power and V power always produces good results. Worth sticking a tank through every so often to clean up the injectors and fuel systems