Steering wheel

swiftkick

Simple

disconnect the battery

unscrew and unplug the air bag first

I pulled the SRS fuse just to be on the safe side.

a little wd40 on the shaft and a wiggle but not too much force and it will come off.

try not to hit your self in the face with the wheel.

Speaking about airbag, I have the SRS light on and I wanted to check some wires and the fuse status. When I've looked into the manual (searching for the fuse place) I saw the warning - "do NOT pull off the SRS fuse". Why is that? what possibly can happen?

I was afraid that the airbag can explode in my face and I postponed solving this...

Viorel

Speaking about airbag, I have the SRS light on and I wanted to check some wires and the fuse status. When I've looked into the manual (searching for the fuse place) I saw the warning - "do NOT pull off the SRS fuse". Why is that? what possibly can happen?

I was afraid that the airbag can explode in my face and I postponed solving this...

Viorel

Pass

I have swapped out on three different freelander when changing the steering wheels on freelander

and never had any problems but I did disconnect the battery just to be on the save side.

So is a worn steering wheel a common thing on these then?

I'm a builder so which I guess means my hands are abit rougher and I do ware out steering wheels in cars in the freelanders only last about 70k for me and the d2 did about 120 before it started to show signs of wear

I'm a builder so which I guess means my hands are abit rougher and I do ware out steering wheels in cars in the freelanders only last about 70k for me and the d2 did about 120 before it started to show signs of wear

BUILDER :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Your a Civil Engerier and site Manager soon to be project manager.

You would not know one end of a shovel to the other :D:D remeber the BBQ you built at our house :D

If your hands are rough you should get yourself smoother coffe mugs :D

In your own words you said , you used to be the person who walks out into the middle of a field with a cup of coffee and tell someone where to dig a hole

Now you tell that person to walk out into the middle of the field , and soon you will be the bloke that tels him to tell the other bloke to walk out into the middle of the field and tell the bloke to dig the hole :D:D:D

BUILDER :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Your a Civil Engineer and site Manager soon to be project manager.

You would not know one end of a shovel to the other :D:D remember the BBQ you built at our house :D

If your hands are rough you should get yourself smoother coffee mugs :D

In your own words you said , you used to be the person who walks out into the middle of a field with a cup of coffee and tell someone where to dig a hole

Now you tell that person to walk out into the middle of the field , and soon you will be the bloke that tels him to tell the other bloke to walk out into the middle of the field and tell the bloke to dig the hole :D:D:D

<_<

I may resemble that remark.

GIT