Anyone wired in a Amp/Sub to a 110????

Hi,

Has anyone wired in a amp and Sub into a 110?

I'm at the 'thinking of doing it' stage at the moment and wondering where to put the amp. First thoughts are to take out one of the rear individual fold up seats and bolt the amp the the side of the wheel arch (inside!) and place the Sub next to it on the floor...

Thoughts appreciatted.

cheers

Gavin

Guest diesel_jim

Fitting the amps under the rear seats is also a good place. leave enough slack in the cable so that you can still "flip" them over if needed, and if you're likely to be carrying some lumpy stuff that could damage the amps, then make a little metal guard (like a light guard) to fit over them.

Mine is mounted on rear bulkhead on piece of wood running across above the seatboxs - full width almost. managed to fit 2 amps and cd changer along with fuses etc quite nicely, with a flip over box cover so no one can see them.

If you want to do it properly the amp should be on end with the 'fins' (or ridges) running vertically - this is due to amps getting hot and helps them cool. Make sure they are somewhere where they won't get wet or damaged. I would mount the sub higher as well if you can for the same reason. If they get too warm they can cut out - unless you have a fancy one with built in fan??

Thankfully my 110 has a full height gog guard, but as its ex plod it has a huge side to side steel locker behind the scond row seats.

Unfortunaltely it did not have a face place, so put two subs and an amp in it, I have mounted the rear speakers at the top of the dog guard, and apart from having to have the fader set with a strong bias towards the front, the sound is as good as I can get (Sony single slot CD/fm radio £60.00 ebay, ols sony speakers from Disco in front knee speakers, two small tweeters on front crash pad (8.50 Ebay), two rear speakers unkown origin mounted up high on dig guard in custom made boxes, a CPC sub woofer £20.00, CPC amp £20.00.

I was considering a sub/amp system that comes in a tube and putting it under the second row seats, but this was much more fun and had all the bits in my garage from previous vehicle installs...

IMHO it was not worth spending loads of loot as its not the quietest of cabs...

If anyone wants, Ill post piccys.

Thankfully my 110 has a full height gog guard, but as its ex plod it has a huge side to side steel locker behind the scond row seats.

Unfortunaltely it did not have a face place, so put two subs and an amp in it, I have mounted the rear speakers at the top of the dog guard, and apart from having to have the fader set with a strong bias towards the front, the sound is as good as I can get (Sony single slot CD/fm radio £60.00 ebay, ols sony speakers from Disco in front knee speakers, two small tweeters on front crash pad (8.50 Ebay), two rear speakers unkown origin mounted up high on dig guard in custom made boxes, a CPC sub woofer £20.00, CPC amp £20.00.

I was considering a sub/amp system that comes in a tube and putting it under the second row seats, but this was much more fun and had all the bits in my garage from previous vehicle installs...

IMHO it was not worth spending loads of loot as its not the quietest of cabs...

If anyone wants, Ill post piccys.

PICS. Yes Please