UP SHE FLEW!

Shackleton

Fellas, my 6 month Td5 to RRC conversion just fired up for the first time!

I think I'm gonna explode, I've had to walk away cause I'm so excited I'd only break something if I kept working.

I'd like to thank God, my family, all the people in Different Strokes (even the white guy) I'd like to thank sweet infant baby Jesus, can't even talk yet but still omnipotent :D

Seriously though, I gotta thank all you guys here, the mod's for a great site and the rest of you for the head scratching, advice and help. It all adds up to support you couldn't buy so please understand I'm REALLY REALLY greatful.

Ian, you deserve a dedicated thank you, not for your expertise but for your patience...

George

Fellas, my 6 month Td5 to RRC conversion just fired up for the first time!

Good work there fella, well done. B)

all the people in Different Strokes (even the white guy) I'd like to thank sweet infant baby Jesus, can't even talk yet but still omnipotent :D

I'd also like to nominate you as the maddest person on the forum :lol:

Good job, so what was stopping it from starting ??????

:blush: eh think it was probably a sub standard battery :D D'OH

I went out clutching at straws planning to pull the glow plugs and check for flooding - didn't have a deep enough socket so ditch that idea.

Threw the battery in after topping with de-ionised water yesterday and charging over night, then got inside and cut the feed from the temp sensor - it had been sending the guage through the roof as soon as the ignition was turned on.

Checked all earths and then gave her a crank...

It made all the same noises it had done for days and my heart sank. Just at the end of a crank I decided I might as well give the throttle a blip and I got a reply! After a few spluttery revolutions it fired up, little puff of white smoke and then ran like a Swiss watch. I swear I slapped myself a few times, I really didn't believe it.

Video? I only ran it for about 20 seconds cause I've no coolant in it, plus it'd like to look a little more presentable first :D

Since then I've cut the 10AS off and started tidying up the wiring. Also the floor is much lower then the later trucks so I have started modifying that too. There really is a fair amount to getting one of these lumps into the early RR. If anyone is considering it, it's fair to say I could help you weigh up the pros and cons let alone save you a carp load of time figuring out how to make certain things fit/go/work/

Needless to say I feel great, and true to my beliefs I reckon this all happened for good reason, when I'm off in the wild blue yonder on my travels there's feck all I don't know about the truck - thats a blatent lie but I'm in good shape ;) there's a fire extinguisher going in in the next few days :lol:

EDIT: Grom - 2 things, I forgot to thank Lenny Henry "OOOOKAY" and you should watch the dinner scene in Talladega Nights...