07 Defender SW

TJ101

My Td5 110 was September 06 and hence a band G. The tax was out in August, only did it for 6 months then and again for 12 today knowing that I would just beat the jump.

Richard, there was a bulletin from Land Rover sometime ago about number of seats being wrong - can't rember what was meant to happen to rectify the situation.

Mark.

Goes up to £400 from £300 IIRC.

Mine needs taxing at the end of April (May 07 delivery). I suppose you could tax early and lose a month or two - otherwise you can do it a couple of weeks early can't you?

John ,, Mine ran out end of may, but fell into the postbox yesterday :ph34r:

At £ 300, thats £25 a month, so you could gain £ 50

Richard, there was a bulletin from Land Rover sometime ago about number of seats being wrong - can't rember what was meant to happen to rectify the situation.

Mark.

I expected it to say two anyway, but not heard anything about changes.

Can you let me know if you come across any info.

Thanks

Richard

I expected it to say two anyway, but not heard anything about changes.

Can you let me know if you come across any info.

Thanks

Richard

Just checked the registration document for my '07 HT and yep it shows 4 seats including driver. Is there any point in getting it corrected?

I thought long and hard about whether to go for a 90 HT at £180.00 p.a. rather than a 90XS at £400.00 p.a. and decided that several years down the line the £400.00 p.a. VED may affect residuals adversely. Only problem was that to get the spec I wanted, I had to specify pretty much every optional extra which meant the cost new was not that much less than a 90 XS. Hmmm....... :unsure:

I thought long and hard about whether to go for a 90 HT at £180.00 p.a. rather than a 90XS at £400.00 p.a. and decided that several years down the line the £400.00 p.a. VED may affect residuals adversely. Only problem was that to get the spec I wanted, I had to specify pretty much every optional extra which meant the cost new was not that much less than a 90 XS. Hmmm....... :unsure:

I did the same with all the toys, but it was still much cheaper. Only things I didn't spec were the sunroof and alloys.

MJIbex (who posted above) got me a nice discount though...

<going off topic> I still can't believe LR want so much for alloys, I gave mine to the dealer to fit before collection. :)

Of course, with a hard top you could also claim back about 3.5k in VAT if you were registered and it was for the busness, so a fully specced one would cost about 19k.

I did the same with all the toys, but it was still much cheaper. Only things I didn't spec were the sunroof and alloys.

MJIbex (who posted above) got me a nice discount though...

<going off topic> I still can't believe LR want so much for alloys, I gave mine to the dealer to fit before collection. :)

Of course, with a hard top you could also claim back about 3.5k in VAT if you were registered and it was for the busness, so a fully specced one would cost about 19k.

Unfortunately I am not VAT registered :( however managed to get a good discount on mine all the same. I take your point about alloys however if you spec those then you get all the anti-roll bars etc which I wanted as the vehicle will be used 99.99% of the time on road as my daily drive. Mind you the downside is that you get those General Grabber TR tyres which I do not rate much. Changed them for a set of General Grabber AT2's which I am really happy with and flogged the old ones on ebay for pretty much the same as the cost of the replacements.

You are certainly right about the cost of genuine LR alloys. Got a set of Compomotive Deep-Dish look-alike alloys on the 200TDI which only cost about £75 a corner IIRC. Mind you the quality is not nearly as good as the genuine LR ones.

Unfortunately I am not VAT registered :( however managed to get a good discount on mine all the same. I take your point about alloys however if you spec those then you get all the anti-roll bars etc which I wanted as the vehicle will be used 99.99% of the time on road as my daily drive. Mind you the downside is that you get those General Grabber TR tyres which I do not rate much. Changed them for a set of General Grabber AT2's which I am really happy with and flogged the old ones on ebay for pretty much the same as the cost of the replacements.

You are certainly right about the cost of genuine LR alloys. Got a set of Compomotive Deep-Dish look-alike alloys on the 200TDI which only cost about £75 a corner IIRC. Mind you the quality is not nearly as good as the genuine LR ones.

Hi,

The trigger date for VED Band G is the 23 March 06.

The reason is that the 23rd of March 06 was budget day when Good Old Gordon told the world of his wonderful idea and made sure that there wasn't a rush to pre-register vehicles and see him off.

The jump to £400 is on the 1st of April (or anything that is currently taxed that will be re-taxed after the 16th of March).

One other sneaky he's also done is to "re-align" petrol and diesel vehicle tax bands which is why some people with petrol cars last year had a bigger than expected jump in VED.

Regards

Scrumps