Air con drive belt - 300 TDi

Hi All,

After making good use of this forums archive and information (for which many thanks to all) I have a problem you may be able to help with.

I have a 1997 300 TDi Defender 110 and it has Air Con fitted. The air con installation appears to be standard apart from the fact that it has the vents under the dash in the vehicle so it looks like it was not a factory fit.

The Drive belt for the compressor is in urgent need of replacement so I ordered and received the recommended belt (ERR2215). Went to fit this last night and found that it is a fraction too short. On closer investigation I note that the marking on the original belt is "DRYCO 4PK-1345" and on the new part it is "4PK-1325".

As far as I can tell, the PK indicates that it is a 4 Rib poly belt and the numbers indicate the length (circumference)

Having found this information I thought it would be easy to find a replacement belt the correct Size, but I can find no suppliers in the UK of this size belt.

Other information I have found is

UCA Part Number AB 40530

Dayco Part Number 5040530

Does any one know why the 1325 is not fitting (apart from the fact that it is too short :ph34r: ), by the way the tensioner is fully retracted !! and more importantly where I can get a 4PK-1345 belt from ?

Thanks for you help

ERR2215 is the only belt listed in EPC & Microcat LR parts catologues for a 300Tdi Defender with air con, the internal vent position is correct for later air con fitted 90/110's.

as the Dayco & other part numbers agree, then you'll have to ease it over one flange of the pulley.

Hi

Thanks for the rapid replies

Good to know that the vent positions are standard

As for levering the belt on - I tried this and it I am likely to brake something if I force it on any more.

just to clarify my earlier post part numbers found - the UCA and Dryco part numbers were for the 4PK-1345 belt.

The simple answer to this seams to be to find a supplier of the longer belt but this is proving difficult :unsure::unsure:

I will keep looking

Mel

Yep 20mm shorter - if it were 20mm longer then the tensioner could take the difference out - this may be my other option if I can not get a 1345 part.

Still puzzled why the standard one does not fit :huh: