Golden 200 TDi

stuntman

Hello again everyone!

Well I collected my disco today ( a replacement for my sh*tty old wreck)

I have shed loads of reciepts to go with for callipers and new gearbox etc, however it doesn't run, there's no starter and no power getting through.

I have a feeling once I put a starter in this should cause the power to return, howere the engine is supposedly in fine fettle but running badly, it has a full service history and is VERY clean, along with a VERY clean cylinder head.

The block is a golden yellow colour. Is this normal?

My big question that I have is, are there any 200tdi enthusiasts anywhere near me that could pop over at the weekend and stick their head under the bonnet and give me a hand to find out what the heck is wrong with her. I have a decent engine but I don't want to have to swap it out if it's not needed.

Is there anyway to check the timing on these engines, diesel is new black art form to me

Well I should start my own investigations on thursday, so here's hoping!

Andi

Haha, sorry about that, I'm based in Derbyshire near selston.

Yup, all that welding and in the end 2 outriggers and the rear 'barrel' that spans the 2 chassis rails are FULL of perforation rust, leading the chassis to twist very badly. I decided it would be foolish to draf it out any longer and I took the car off the road on sunday.!

Andi K