Rear Wiper Motor

Morning all,

Our local canal trust has a 300tdi 110 Defender that is used for towing and general work. The rear wiper motor has failed, looking on paddocks the price ranged from £65 to £117 (+ vat!) which seems a little pricey. Does anybody know of a suitable (cheap! :rolleyes: ) source or does anyone have a good second hand one for sale?

Thanks

Ed

You can adapt a Discovery one by paring down the spindle surround and swapping brackets. They are more common S/H, thus cheaper. It's what I did after mine seized from filling with water :blink:

I thought mine had failed in Italy last year.......it just ended up working whenever it felt like it, and eventually seized up altogether.

I sprayed loads of WD40 all over it and now its working just fine.

Maybe something to try before you splash out on new stuff?

Martin

Mine got really slow almost stopped, a good dosing of WD40 down the shaft got it sorted & it still works fine now.

Mine was totally knackered, the motor had actually filled with water. It was the square motor type and a quick perusal of ebay showed the disco motor was nearly the same, got one nearly on doorstep so no delivery charge!