Weird Cooling Td5

Shackleton

I'm doing tests on the Td5 now that it's running and the first thing I noticed is that the thermostat didn't seem to open.

So I bought a new (genuine) one. But that doesn't seem to be opening either. The car takes it's time heating up (I'd say a normal amount of time) and all hoses warm except the bottom hose extending to the O/S end of the rad.

I've opened bleed valves and made sure there's coolant everywhere and I can see coolant in the thermostat, and the heater heats.

Only the plastic N/S end of the rad warms any and thats seems to only be at the top by virtue of where the top hose meets it.

Any ideas? Is it possible that the rad is that effective that the water is coming out cool enough not to heat the bottom hose? Anyone know which way the coolant travels around the hoses?

If the heater gets hot then that water is circulating. The engone may loose all it's heat to the heater and the thermostat not open. The heat you can feel in the top hose may be from the water on the hot side heating the water on the cold side - if you get me.... ? :)

Chris