The fitting of breather pipes

Hi,

I have now got my nylon pipe and push fit fittings and will be fitting them next weekend. Just had a quick look around the gearbox today so I now what needs to be done next weekend and have a few questions:

- Because I'm replacing the whole pipe I need to remove the two from the g'box and t'box. It looks like there are P-clips holding then to the side of the gearbox on the same stud as the transferbox linkage. Can I just loosen the nut and slide them out and the new ones in without disturbing the pivot point?

- And are there any other places where they are attached to the engine/g'box as I am only removing the access hole underneath the centre seat.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

It's not critical where they go, Steve. You should be fine just slackening the nuts and sliding the old out and the new in, then just route them through the tunnel, up past the inside side face of the drivers footwell and then on to where you are going to terminate them.

Just make sure they don't contact any edges of brackets on the chassis and cable tie / clip them up to stop them getting caught on anything .

HTH

Mo

• 2 weeks later...
Just renewed the pipes on my tbox & gbox today. Theres enough space to slide the new pipes thru the p clips without removing the clip. Select the best route posible(obviuosly) thrying not to foul any of the linkages

Adrian

Hi Ade

I'll pick yer brains on this if you've done it recently. Boggle gave me some push fit fittings and a load of nylon pipe to do the Disco.

Matt

Guest WALFY

I've just replaced mine. I managed to break the rear axle breather pipe and because they've been on there a few yrs I thought I'd change them all. I got some nice Blue 6mm pipe from FAC in Medway (Breathers are now colour coded to the car). I chose the easiest route for me to save having to faff around with P clips. So routed it for my convienience and then cable tied it all in place. Whilst I was there I got hold of some 4mm pipe to redo the screen washer jets. The old airpipe I had went all brittle and cracked.