Help needed to Identify Distributer

mike4444244

Hi Guys

Went to refurb the distributer in the 109 (2.25P 1984) and the bits I had ordered didn't want to fit, ok I thought, I must have the other one of the two types, I ordered the other set of parts for it and they dont fit either? Question is this... what distributer is this, and what are the part numbers for a set of points, a condensor, rotor arm and cap?

Ta

Mike

18032008263.jpg

18032008264.jpg

18032008265.jpg

Looks like a lucas 25d. It should say on the side of the body, where your thumb is in the third photo if you rub the muck off.

The only part numbers i can give you would be from the mini spares centre if thats any good?

Hi Mike, This distributor, to me, looks like a Lucas 45D4 Distributor. and in need of some TLC, I hope you intend to take the base plate out and see the state of the bob weights and springs which are located underneath it, these weights gives the engine automatic centrifugal advance of the ignition (alongside the vacuum advance supplied by the inlet manifold/carburetter). These bob weights and small springs are critical to the smooth running of the engine so would advise a quick shufty in there prior to renewing condenser and points etc.

The Land Rover part numbers for the bob weight springs is:600476 (which will have been superceded by another number by now I am sure)

I can only supply you with Unipart part numbers for other bits: Condenser GSC111, Points GCS101, Rotor Arm GRA101 but as suggested above the Mini Centre should be able to supply you with all this over the counter. Good luck and Happy Easter under the bonnet.

Hi Guys

thanks for the help, will check under the base plate, mini part numbers are fine, i wonder if its the same as the one off the mini then? may have to rob a working one off cat's mini :ph34r::ph34r: , last time I took a dizzy apart it was on my mini years ago, I have stuck to diseasel since then :)

What are the simple options for going electronic? in the spirit of actually getting the thing to start if its mildly damp? IIRC theres a lumenition module thing that fixes into the dizzy thats a popular mod on minis, seems pricy for what it is though?

Mike

I think they were fitted to the early 2286cc, but not totally sure. I have one fitted to the 2ltr and its a great dizzy.

Early minis had them also upto 1974.

see attatched pic, bottom left.

they also do an electronic ignition kit, as you can see. number 8A ignitor kit is £60.04 inc vat

number 9a lumenition is £78.98 inc vat