110 suspension lift

Hi all, I'm looking at doing a 4inch lift on my 110 so I can fit 37inch tyres. I'd like to do this using springs alone i.e. without using spacers/blocks however all the suppliers I've spoken to won't/don't supply anything taller than 2inch for a 110??? Claiming they are too unstable at those ride hights??? Any comments or sugestion gratefully recieved!!!

Thanks in advance Guys.

The 110 is pretty easy to topple in standard form so that must be why they are saying this. The only thing that would make a 4 inch lift "safe" is to either use wheel spacers (I dont like them) or use ofset wheel rims that will stick your wheel a good few inches further out. To pass MOTs you will need to extend your wheel arches or change the wheels for somthing normal though.

It will look awsome with a 4 inch lift and 37s with an offset wheel rim. What engine do you have? You might want a bit extra power to get you going and not slow down on hills with wheels like that.. Or offset it by swapping your transfer box with mine :) I;ve got a transfer box from my landrovers original 2.5 petrol form (I think its 1:6) and if you have a standard tdi transfer box it would be geared different (think its 1:4, somone help me out with these ratios please). I am looking for a defender or disco transfer box becuase with mine and normal wheels I am revving it like crazy just to get to 60mpg.

Oh.. and welcom to the forum. Just noticed this was your first post.

have you tried OEC or D4x4? i would have thought both would be able to find something to suit if it exists.

4" is a fair old lift are you doing props, brake pipes and castor arms as well?

37" sounds good on a 110, almost icelandic sized! about the only big tyred 110s i have seen. Are you after just suspension advice or any help/advice on doing the lift?

Why do you not want to use spacers? either body or suspension?

Guest diesel_jim

Why not got to a spring manufacturer and get some custom ones made up?

I had a set of 4 made up back in 2002 for my 90 from coilsprings.co.uk, cost £176 delivered.

you tell them the diameter/length/poundge/free length etc etc and they make them. you could get them 4 feet long if needed, they're not bothered if it's a mini or 130

Hi

You can fit 35's with a 2" lift and will only need to trim bottoms of arch,With 37's" you will need to check that the throw on full lock doesn't fowl bulkhead out riggers,you may get away with a 2" lift and put a gpc arch kit on and save your self a lot of future hassles because big lifts kill bushes,props and trans boxes with ease,

I have a old man emu 2" lift with simex 35/10.50 on my 110 and it is a very stable truck,on and of road.

Carl.