A Lesson Learnt

ripley

:unsure: Went to Slab common today for a scenic drive, but as per usual my bad luck Kicked in, so i'll start the tale at the begining;

had a mad rush friday night working on my Rangie replacing the rear diff with a brand new Land rover item as I blew it the last time out, also fitted a new rear Prop, all new wheel bearings & steering arms, so i could get an MOT & tax first thing Saturday morning, amazed it went staight through, so I spent the rest of saturday moving the ECU up high, fitting a snorkel, waterproofing the elecs & doing a few other silly jobs ive been meaning to get round to. Result i thought to myself, I'm all finished & ready to go early in the morning,

So this morning jumped in the old girl, (click, click) wont start, wacked the starter & up she fires, meet up with the others & head off,

get to the site pay me money & off i go, well 5 minutes in & the cooling hose behind the dizzy burst, after a bit off mild swearing, I managed to cut it back & fit it back on, right were off again,

My mate sitting in the Passengers seat said {oh that looks a bit deep, Marks Discos struggling} now marks discos running True tracs & 35" Tyres, but that little man in my head said {yer go on you can make it}

so the old lead boot goes down, im spinning me 265s up & thump i stop dead, OK you can recovery me,

get pulled out, to find I had no drive on the front, Id now blown the Front diff (rember the list of jobs iD just done)

As we'd only been there about 40minutes, we though sod it strip it out, while someone goes back to Woking & collect a spare diff,

So a while later we have it all fixed & think thats all the bad luck for one day, oh no!!

2 minutes later im being recovered again, not just because im in 3ft of water, but because the bloody auto box has decieded that it now wants to give up & die,

anyway managed to get home in the end, & a lesson lent,

MAKE SURE I DONT SELL MY TOMCAT & FINISH IT BEFORE GOING BACK TO SLAB!!!!!!

Ouch! Seems like the same happened the last time I went to a pay and play day with you!

Yeah me too.............

Later in the day I jumped Ripleys Dead RR - cross wired BOTH optimas on my 90 to get it to start......which it did....

Buit one of my optimas (which in fairness I have thought was on its last legs) did NOT like the HUGE amps drain, and on the way home dumped decided to throw in the towel and waggle its feet in the air.....it collapsed internally and dumped all charge and stopped the 90 dead with NO electrics AT ALL !

luckily for me I have fitted the National Luna system (Ta Rob C) and clicked in the back up battery.....

Ordered a new red Top Optima yesterday from devon 4x4 (special offer £90+), so another notch for the Rpiley carnage !

Nige

Edited by Hybrid_From_Hell

Graham - You really are a star!

In all of these escapades, I've only seen the Antill Mob once leave a site with no breakages.... But the beauty is, you always seem to leave nonetheless, under your own steam!! And arrive for that matter, like the first Welsh trip I was on where you all arrived at dark-o-clock having bagsied a garage on the Welsh border to fit a gear box you happened to have with you!!!

Fantastic endurance everytime.. just carp prep I s'pose!!? :P;)

Graham - You really are a star!

In all of these escapades, I've only seen the Antill Mob once leave a site with no breakages.... But the beauty is, you always seem to leave nonetheless, under your own steam!! And arrive for that matter, like the first Welsh trip I was on where you all arrived at dark-o-clock having bagsied a garage on the Welsh border to fit a gear box you happened to have with you!!!

Fantastic endurance everytime.. just carp prep I s'pose!!? :P;)

well surely, it would just be boring if all you had to do was drive around all day getting stuck :P

ive had an idea for challenge events, they should have a special task, were you have to strip a diff or gearbox out & replace it in the field, we might stand a chance at winning then!! but knowing my luck we'd just break the replacement straight away & have to do it all again :lol: