2nd alternators

jetemp

Im sure many moons ago i read about using a genuine land rover bracket to fit a 2nd alternator. Do land rover produce such a bracket to fit in the air con slot on a 300tdi, if so does anybody have a part no.

Thanks

James

Im sure many moons ago i read about using a genuine land rover bracket to fit a 2nd alternator. Do land rover produce such a bracket to fit in the air con slot on a 300tdi, if so does anybody have a part no.

Thanks

James

Dont know the P/N but they are fitted to some wolfs so a main dealer will probably be able to look it up for you. Just noticed you are from Stockton, I have seen several wolfs at your main dealers so they must service them. here is a post about this from 2 years ago http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopi...art=#entry39785

Only the wolf alt fits apparantly so you might be better off making your own.

Gaza

Guest diesel_jim

The 300Tdi "wolf" bracket is part # ERR 5870, but it'll only fit the small diameter "4 lug" fixing type alternator. i tried modifying one to fit a 130a ex disco one and it didn't fit properly.and it's quite pricey... was £74 about 6 years ago.

i ended up making one myself from a piece of 5mm plate. i've got it in the garage if anyone wants the dimensions off of it.

I'm going to knock one up for my Td5 sometime soon, so i'll keep the forum posted.

Guest diesel_jim
Jamie,

If it's for the 300 type A127 alternator then I could certainly use those dimensions please :)

Does anyone know the part number for the belt too ?

Mo

OK, will do Mo, i'll get my measuring stick out tomorrow and take some details off of it. The wolf applications use A1271-50 alternators, although the "main" and "aux" ones have different part numbers (RRC8560 & RRC8761). they're both connected together with a "twin alternator contol unit" (RRC8643)

Does anyone know the part number for the belt too ?

ERR 6005, but i needed a longer one for my particular alternator. i've still got it in the garage so i'll measure it.

Here's how i fitted mine:

post-130-1206388344_thumb.jpg

post-130-1206388372_thumb.jpg

post-130-1206388394_thumb.jpg

post-130-1206388420_thumb.jpg

Thanks

James

hi mate,gwyn lewis does the bracket to fit the 2nd alternater for the 300 tdi off the shelf being off gwyn it will be of good quality as well.hope this helps!

hi mate,gwyn lewis does the bracket to fit the 2nd alternater for the 300 tdi off the shelf being off gwyn it will be of good quality as well.hope this helps!

That's good to know! I, like Jamie, found that the genuine part bracket was eyewateringly epensive (about £95). I was going to get one to mod to fit my monster 24V alternator however, given the price, I didn't bother! The rest of the bits you need aren't expensive, though (totaled about £35 IIRC)