County to truck cab

tinks

Is there any difference between the rear tubs on a truck cab and a county hard top?

I'm thinking of making my county 90 into a truck cab but am unsure of exactly how much of the existing body would need to be swopped over?

Cheers, Maria

Its probably more economical to sell your county SW and buy either a HT or a truck already, as the loss of value in converting from a CSW is quite large.

Yeah I thought about selling it.

Thing is tho its an E reg truck with a disco 200Tdi engine in it & its bright lime green (Ltd market for the colour I think :rolleyes: ) plus given the amount of money & time I've spent on it already thought I might as well keep it?!

HI

I did it the other way i made my truck cab a hard top i've got the truck cab still in the shead just incase i want to put it back. i was easy only took me a day to do it all. so if you've got the room to keep the hard top it's not hard to put back when it comes to selling it.

tim

HI

I did it the other way i made my truck cab a hard top i've got the truck cab still in the shead just incase i want to put it back. i was easy only took me a day to do it all. so if you've got the room to keep the hard top it's not hard to put back when it comes to selling it.

tim

Cos if its an SW there are the seats, belts, carpets and trim panels etc as well, altho that said it still wouldnt take that long.

Cos if its an SW there are the seats, belts, carpets and trim panels etc as well, altho that said it still wouldnt take that long.

Your not wrong Smo, there should be all of that but mine is lacking a few of the home comforts, its ot a furry headlinning & I put carpet in the back but there is no seats or belts or any of that stuff left in mine. :rolleyes:

In that case definitely keep the 90 you have and whack on a truck cab - bear in mind how bloody small they are, it takes a bit of getting used to cos the seats are bolt upright due to the lack of space, ok for playing and short trips but would be uncomfortable for any real length of travel.

In that case definitely keep the 90 you have and whack on a truck cab - bear in mind how bloody small they are, it takes a bit of getting used to cos the seats are bolt upright due to the lack of space, ok for playing and short trips but would be uncomfortable for any real length of travel.

I did briefly consider the idea of a king cab but I dont recall having ever seen one that I really liked. :unsure:

I have bucket seats in there at the min, there on runners but dont recline so reckon I should be ok.

Having a truck cab seems to have loadsa advantages as well tho, like i'm thinking it will be alot easier to get the spare tyre & waffle boards in & out and that sort thing.