200 Tdi Disco into 90 advice??

Firstly I would just like to say hello to everyone as I am new here.

I own a TD 90 that I am planning on converting into a Tdi using a disco lump; It will not be long before i start taking things apart an so i wondered if there were any helpful tips that anyone could give?

Also in the long term I plan on fitting a stainless Janspeed exhaust for the 200 defender; is it true the exhaust hangers are different on the TD from the Tdi??

and could i adapt things to make it fit??

Many thanks

Welcome to LR4x4, all the info regarding the engine swap is here & here & here in our excellent Tech Archive.

the TD exhaust can be kept. the TD system uses rubber bushes & bolts/nuts the Tdi systenm has those horrid rubber rings & pin type mounts.

my 110 was a TD & has a 200Tdi with the Defender downpipe & the rest of the TD system in Stainless from Double S been fine since it was fitted over 10 years ago.

& please read the pinned thread at the top of this forum listing as it will help you with using the forum.

:i-m_so_happy:

i have done a couple of these conversions as have others on here, if you want specifics not covered in the tech and you cant find it using the search button on this forum then ask away.

Welcome to the Forum, not been here long but have had a HUGE amount of help. Although I am doing a 300tdi Disco into a 90... similar :)

The Tech Archive is indeed a marvel of the modern day

the Tdi systenm has those horrid rubber rings & pin type mounts.

Sorry to jump in, but why so Western? Every time I've used the rubber hangers there has never been a problem, I came to remove the old 2.5n/a exhaust and two of the fixing bolts sheared (Plenty of WD40 and I even cleaned them up first). Since there are no bolts the rubber hangers just need replacing... IF there's anything wrong.

Or am I missing a glaringly obvious flaw?

Cheers

Matt

Only cos they look a cheap way of hanging a exhaust system, I just prefer my 110's bushes/bolts mounts.

i would say the bush and bolt take the offroading better never had them brake on me exhaust has one or two dents mind

Firstly I would just like to say hello to everyone as I am new here.

I own a TD 90 that I am planning on converting into a Tdi using a disco lump; It will not be long before i start taking things apart an so i wondered if there were any helpful tips that anyone could give?

Also in the long term I plan on fitting a stainless Janspeed exhaust for the 200 defender; is it true the exhaust hangers are different on the TD from the Tdi??

and could i adapt things to make it fit??

Many thanks

the Tech Archive did me very well i managed to fit mine in jan only having weekends and and an odd hour after work couldn't have done it in the time without it.

good luck and welcome to the forum

Tim