Defender 200tdi getting over 70mph cont...

previous to my other topic dated 30th march lot of people suggested turning the boost pressure down while doing this i thought i would take the air inlet from the turbo to inspect any movement in the shaft. to my horror the fins on the turbo are half worn down as though some object has gone down the pipe and tried to go through the turbo thus leaving rather small fins

is this a new turbo required could this be my answer at going uphills at max speed of 50mph and therefore would she (my landy that is)go over 70mph on the motorway as she really struggles

any advice much appreciated

warren

previous to my other topic dated 30th march lot of people suggested turning the boost pressure down while doing this i thought i would take the air inlet from the turbo to inspect any movement in the shaft. to my horror the fins on the turbo are half worn down as though some object has gone down the pipe and tried to go through the turbo thus leaving rather small fins

is this a new turbo required could this be my answer at going uphills at max speed of 50mph and therefore would she (my landy that is)go over 70mph on the motorway as she really struggles

any advice much appreciated

warren

Compressor (inlet) or turbine (exhaust) blades damaged? Either ways its new turbo time and then go from there.

the one strange thing is you said you were getting 1.4bar of boost, and if the turbine was that badly damaged you wouldnt be generating anywhere near 1.4bar

1.4psi maybe, which would confirm that the turbo is gubbed,

can you get a photo of the turbine wheel?