200tdi wont switch off

my 200tdi defender wont turn of when you take the keyout????any ideas... :rolleyes:

Pull the wire off the fuel stop solenoid and see if it still runs. This severely narrows things down.

Fuel stop solenoid is situated on the fuel injector pump. (not lift pump).

If ya get stuck locating it then just ask and we'll post a pic of it.

remove the fuel shutoff solenoid from the injection pump [24mm spanner IIRC] & carefully lift it out, don't drop the spring/plunger, look for very thin slithers of metal, clean these from the pump body & solenoid & refit, if it happens agian your injection pymp will need a rebuild, if it's all clean & no slithers are present the solly maybe duff, you can leave the plunger/spring out BUT to stop the engine you'll have to stall it.

photo -- fuel shutoff sollenoid from rear of injection pump looking forward.

post-20-1207686439_thumb.jpg

Pull the wire off the fuel stop solenoid and see if it still runs. This severely narrows things down.

Fuel stop solenoid is situated on the fuel injector pump. (not lift pump).

If ya get stuck locating it then just ask and we'll post a pic of it.

remove the fuel shutoff solenoid from the injection pump [24mm spanner IIRC] & carefully lift it out, don't drop the spring/plunger, look for very thin slithers of metal, clean these from the pump body & solenoid & refit, if it happens agian your injection pymp will need a rebuild, if it's all clean & no slithers are present the solly maybe duff, you can leave the plunger/spring out BUT to stop the engine you'll have to stall it.

photo -- fuel shutoff sollenoid from rear of injection pump looking forward.

use this idea's first

but if thay don't work , has the engine been using more oil than normal if so could be starting to run on it's own oil. witch would say that the oil control rings aren't doing there job propely.

but if thay don't work , has the engine been using more oil than normal if so could be starting to run on it's own oil. witch would say that the oil control rings aren't doing there job propely.

..or it could just be a knackered ignition switch that keeps supplying power after the key is removed.

ok cheers for the help...have bought a new solenoid and am on my way to fit..keep you posted.. ;)

just to update...took the solenoid out today and their was a tiny shard of metal stopping it from closing fully...have cleaned it out and put it back together for know but,,,will have to get the thing rebuilt next week :unsure:

That's what happened to my pump about 4 years ago, make sure the rebulider uses the latest parts, as Bosch revised the coatings on the cam plate & roller.

ok cheers..will ask my nice friend whos gona rebuild it for me :)