Disco 2 recalls

DaveR

I've just bought a Td5 Disco first registered Dec 2001. According to the original supplying dealers, the car has been subject to three recalls (so far.....).

The numbers they gave me were a275 on 24 may 2002, a155 on 15 mar 2004 and a169 on 28 sep 2004.

Anyone any ideas what these recalls were? I can't find those numbers on a web search anywhere.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

They're not listed here but it might be of some use:

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/search.asp

The three main recalls are as follows - does your car fit in to these VIN numbers:

The first is for Discovery Series IIs with chassis numbers from SALLTGM94YA263532 to SALLTGM944A836580. A banjo bolt for the ACE system may come loose and allow fluid to leak from the joint. The oil may then cause an underbonnet fire.

The second affects Discoverys from 3A805635 to 3A814411. The throttle pedal may stick in the open position when the pedal is released.

The third is for Discoverys and ABS equipped Defenders. A leak from the ABS modulator may cause a partial or total loss of the braking system. The affected vehicles are XA900016 to XA907213, XA201612 to YA846241, XA162896 to YA199999 and YA600000 to and YA671407.

I've just bought a Td5 Disco first registered Dec 2001. According to the original supplying dealers, the car has been subject to three recalls (so far.....).

The numbers they gave me were a275 on 24 may 2002, a155 on 15 mar 2004 and a169 on 28 sep 2004.

Anyone any ideas what these recalls were? I can't find those numbers on a web search anywhere.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Thanks Chaps. Hadn't found the AA site myself.

Td5 not bad so far but kind of wishing I had stuck with my 300Tdi. I find the Christmas tree effect on the Td5's dash from all the warning lights very distracting!! And ACE is just too weird.....Cars should roll in a corner surely!

Dave