td5 immobiliser

orange rover

putting a td5 into a challenge truck.

have all the parts from a running vehicle

but the immobiliser ecu is missing.

is there a way to get around that?

heard that the ecu needs to be programmed to saudi arabia, it then won't have a immobiliser, but not sure whether that works.

any ideas?

cheers

spec

Guest diesel_jim
Out of interest, whats the ££3 implication of removing the 10AS, mine is currently working fine, but might want removal in coming months!

getting the job done by Ian psobably isn't too bad.... i'd be worried though not having any immobilisation/alarm on my truck.

• 3 months later...
You will also need to connect one of the wires from the 10AS to GND to enable the start relay.

Hy,

Can you show with a detailed pic which wire must be connected with ground please.

Please give me more details, you did mine via Allisport at Billing (2 ECU's).

(Ced from the D&G stand.)

But, when I tried to start this morning without the remote in the car, it wasn't going anywhere ............

The idea is to have the unit completely removed.

Where exactly thus it sit ?

Behing the gauges ?

Or behind the speaker ? There is a green unit whit ABS.......... on it, but I have no ABS.

How can I get rid of the Cu spool that sits around the starter contact.

I would like to make the car running without the need of my key and remote .........

Thanks,

Ced

Hi Ced is this your defender ??

Give me a private email to bellautos (AT) hotmail.com then i can send you a picture or discription of what is needed if you are stuck.

I personaly use a different method of removing security than Andrew does with the little boxes fitted in your ecus i remove it without adding components.

see attached file ,

regards pete

If you remove the 10AS and join wires pin 10 crank Enable and pin 11 GND the car will crank with no remote fob, so with the added unit inside the ecuu it should start no problems.

I did not know that you had the remote fob was originaly used on your car Andrew did not tell me ;( i apologize.

Please still send me email if you have any problems.

10AS.pdf