where,s yours sit when cold,

when hot mines just above half and never moves,but the needle sits over the white line when stone cold.Is the needle to far up to begin with,Sorry to go on about little things but i think over the years im becoming a perfectionist ,,odd realy because im a brickie :rolleyes:

when hot mines just above half and never moves,but the needle sits over the white line when stone cold.Is the needle to far up to begin with,Sorry to go on about little things but i think over the years im becoming a perfectionist ,,odd realy because im a brickie :rolleyes:

Sounds like it is too far on to start with.

Its a very simple job to change the gauge, and if i had a even the slightest doubt about mine then it would be changed.

If ya post a wanted then i'm sure ya'll get one off someone for a few quid. It may even save ya a new engine one day ;)

firstly is your engine the Defender or Discovery 200Tdi ? the Defender gauge & Disco sender don't work very well together.

if Defender 200Tdi-- then my temp gauge when at full working temp sits just to the left of the vertical position & very occasionally will increase to slightly right of vertical but not a full needle width.

maybe worth fitting a new sender PRC8593 is the correct item.

Mine sits at the bottom when cold, but when it was hot it used to sit just over half unless it was towing during the summer. I have just fitted a new viscous unit and now it sits in between a quarter and half. I was towing with it today and it went up to half uphill. Slightly odd.