Pick up conversion

Alessandro

Hi, I'm Alessandro from Italy, I've just plagued you with my prop shaft oil seal replacement (and now is all going well in that front, luckily...) and now I have another question for you: If I want to convert in pick up my Series III (born in 1972) I have to look only for series II/III body parts (roof and back upon cellar) or also defender body parts fit well?

Thanks in advance,

Alessandro, Sanremo

Hi Alessandro from Italy,

Is your land rover a SWB 88 inch wheelbase, or a LWB 109 inch wheelbase?

For the LWB you only need the Roof panel and back window panel, these parts are cheap to buy in the UK secondhand. It might be cheaper than trying to find them locally.

For the SWB you need the Roof, The back window and a "filler" panel. This is because the SWB back body behind the seats is closer to the seats than on the LWB.

I do not know if a defender part will fit, you would need the front windscreen as well, however I do not know if you can attach this to your bulkhead.

G.

Many thanks Gazzar for the solecitude of your answer...my land is a SWB 88 inch wheelbase indeed.

I agree with you that in your country spare parts are greatly cheaper than in mine (now I currently order spare parts from british dealers with full satisfaction). Infact sometimes I give a look to the "used parts" of the major land rover sellers but I've not seen these parts but may be in a future!

Bye, Alessandro

Alessandro

I'm not in the UK I'm afraid (from a Land rover parts price perspective anyway!).

To get the parts you need you will have to phone the companies up. The parts will not appear on the website.

I'd start with paddocks or craddocks, however other members of the forum will offer their suggestions too.

G.

lr4x4 in exeter do mail order, and ship internationally, they've been going only a few years but are good, often better parts than paddocks (my bro was their first mail order customer and third shop customer, so I've know them a while)