Conversion downpipe

hi all.

I have a disco 200tdi in my 90 and at the mo the downpipe is a bodged up home made thing by the bloek who converted it before i got it. It really does look nasty, so i a thinking fo changing it.

Now i have seen the conversion pieps such as steve parkers, but i have one question really.

All the avliable downpipes seems to be made from 2 inch pipe, now is this suitable or would 2.5 inch be better???? Am i being just to fussy or are they perfect for the job??

i only ask as my exhaust system is a 2.5 inch system, mating them up shouldn't be a problem.

cheers

goaty

The Steve Parker one is the same diameter as the turbo outlet, so I think 2.5"?

The second stage section of it though is smaller diameter and looks a bit restrictive - it's only a 90 degree bend, so I got rid of this, bought a standard tdi defender downpipe, cut the ends off. It's a good half inch wider inside diameter, and a downpipe's only about 18 quid.

In fact, without looking I might have just cut the engine side of the downpipe leaving the other end with the flange intact to meet the centre box - I tried a few permutations over time...

this is the one i made for mine works very well no loss of power cost me 2quid for a bit of 100x8mm flat steel cut a 2 1/2" hole drilled 3 10mm holes and cut it to shape but a had a gas exe so that made it quick

post-5542-1208544721_thumb.jpg

i should have used 10mm alen key bolts but will use them when it has to come off

post-5542-1208545074_thumb.jpg