ARB Lockers

treebloke

Playing with the toys on sunday and the rear locker seemed to work in reverse but not forwards then nothing at all.

Took the air pipe off at the diff and when you flick the switch you can feel the air coming out so its working all the way to the diff.

Could it be locked one way but not the other and can they seize up, last time I changed the oil was after a comp and it was more like Somerset soil than oil :o .

If I take it out is it possible to operate it on the bench :blink: .

Cheers

Guest diesel_jim

If you remove the diff, yes, you just insert an air line into the pipe (check the pressure first though).

if you remove the oil filler plug form the axle then engage the diff, stick your ear to the hole, if you can hear air blowing then you know a seal has gone (or the pipe cracked) in the diff.

i think either way you're going to have to remove it anyway.

Guest WALFY

Not heard of 1 siezing but that's not to say they don't. If you take it out you can operate it on the bench, you'll hear a small click as it locates. HTH

If the axle is overfilled with oil it can prevent the locker from engaging - I found this when my inner swivel seals failed on the front axle resulting in the axle level being too high. So, in theory, if a lot of water got in and raised the level significantly that could be the cause.

just as well you dont need it on Sat!!!

Thats very true James, but Bert will :P

We are staying at a place called Thornfalcon fri night, do you know it and if you do, whats the lanes like between there are Culmhead or would it be best to stick to the main road. 3 land rovers towing land rovers.

Bob some times the plastic cage /piston breaks up causing all kinds of problems

see here item No.8

http://www.devon4x4.com/component/option,c...d,29/Itemid,33/

If it is this Give Dave at Ashcrofts a ring he does an aluminium replacement .

Oh! Thornfalcon you say , Mmm! Have you ever seen the film Deleverence :lol::lol::lol:

Diesel Jim has a character as an avatar :huh:

Thats very true James, but Bert will :P

We are staying at a place called Thornfalcon fri night, do you know it and if you do, whats the lanes like between there are Culmhead or would it be best to stick to the main road. 3 land rovers towing land rovers.

Oops - i had assumed it was your td5

Hope you get it sorted.

Thornfalcon - you will be able to see landroverman there, just remember to book a time so they can lock you in/out!

That time of day minor roads would be OK but some of them hills onto the top be steep!

Guest diesel_jim
So what you are saying is...........................thats not a picture of Jim then, but can he play a guitar.

It's a banjo! get it right!! :lol::lol:

that banjo is my bestest friend.... i married her, her name is Zeek.

she's also my sister.... :ph34r:

oh carp..... too much vodka red-bull.... time for bed. :(

dont take the back roads from Thornfalcon to Culmhead- there IS a very direct route through Staple Fitzpaine and over the top, but some of the roads are excessively narrow. i borrowed another mates trailer once and got it a bit........bent......going down there once. A lot of the lanes are high sided with blind 90 degree bends and no passing places- meet a tractor going the other way and you have instant gridlock.

Landroverman, is not at Thornfalcon.. your on the wrong road out of Taunton !!!

Oops, my mistake, not thinking straight, still closer to LRMan than Wolverhampton though....

i borrowed another mates trailer once and got it a bit........bent......going down there once.

why doesnt that suprise me!

Guest WALFY
Landroverman, is not at Thornfalcon.. your on the wrong road out of Taunton !!!

Isn't LRMan at Walford Cross. Another bit of the county named after my family. We're not so proud of the other bit