Quick Question number 283.....

Oh pooh.......it seems I may have to settle for a 15 inch wheel. Is that too small? Will it look daft? Anyone got pictures of one they've done? And an opinion on what it's like to drive now?

I am glad you asked this question, I was wondering how much space I would gain with a 14" Mounty wheel

Been there done that. Got a 350mm Momo wheel and hated it. Nothing wrong with wheel - lots of folk have them - just step down in size from standard size wheel felt all wrong for me. Hunted around and discovered OMP does a 380mm wheel. Perfect!

Do a search for 'OMP Velocita'. OMP even recommends it for off-road vehicles. One downside (?) is the 380mm version of the Velocita only comes in suede. With smaller versions you get the option of suede or leather.

Wheel was something like £117 from Demon Tweeks. Bearmach Boss/adaptor came from Giggleppin 4x4. The same boss will fit all aftermarket wheels. With the VAT and carriage on the wheel and boss you're looking at £180.00 in total.

QT do the boss kits too. Just got one for a customer ( because they were the only people who had one on the shelf at the time) and although it does the job fine, it doesn't come with the rubber concertina moulding that goes between the boss and the column shroud. IMHO, the end result looks a bit crude and unfinished compared with the Bearmach version. That's just my opinion though - customer was happy enough.

eek, thats 425mm in new money, and the steering wheel I was looking at replacing it with is only 350mm....which might not look so good.

Any one know of anywhere that stocks nice 16 incher modern replacements?

I bought Moto Lita.

Not cheap I can tell you.

Customer service and was first class as was customer satisfaction.

Web site easy to use. Nice peope to talk to and help you with a purchase.

The wheel looks nice as well.

mike