Quick one

Further to my last thread ref brand new Puma broken down with gearbox problems when I went to collect it. (rejected). The plot thickens. We decided to order another new Defender on a new build which would be put on a priority build due to the problems. Mrs MINESAPINT would have chosen Zermat Silver but we discovered hard top 110's would still have a cream roof. Thought that would look a bit odd, in fact we saw one while driving home and it did. 1 st choice was Cairns Blue but we were told this was discontinued and ordered as our second choice Tonga. GREAT, looking forward to receiving it in due course.

The dealer has just phoned to say for a factory order Tonga is now discontinued. Back to the drawing board. He also advises me a new colour range is due for the defender. I have access to an out of date brochure and the Land Rover web site which is also out of date. The dealer is aware of the new colour range available to us for this new order but is 75/80 miles away. Having wasted a trip there on Friday I do not fancy flying off there again.

I wonder if anyone is in the know about the new range of colours for the Defender. In particular there is a colour on the web site called "Tamar Blue" which has been on for months but the dealer says it is not possible because it is brand new.

I spose I could travel to dealer closer to home (25 miles) and pretend I am interested etc. but on recent experience I doubt they would have a clue themselves.

Pity Land Rover cannot provide up to date information via the web site.

Any ideas.

MINESAPINT

Guest diesel_jim

I thought you could choose (read: pay :rolleyes: ) an option where you had a colour coded roof, for the non-county models??

Or you could do what happened to me several years back... i had a red 110 SW (not a CSW) so it had a white roof... i went into a multi story carpark, fitted underneath the height barrier no problem, but smacked a pipe further in the carpark! :angry:

turns out they'd just fitted said pipe and not measured it. so whilst it was in the bodyshop (under the councils insurance!) i got it sprayed red as well.

As far as i remembered, only black defenders have black roof and the silver ones have a silver roof. the rest have a white or cream roof. I've had mine sprayed osolo blue, but only to ruin it when i keep getting it scratched on carpark height barriers. not a good thing as well. dark coloured or 2k coloured defenders = scratches are super obvious. best bet on grey coloured ones.

Doubt that LR will give you something for free. But yes, if you're willing to wait for 1/2 yr, I've met with an owner in singapore who requested a freelander colour for his defender and he got it, roof painted, bulkhead and all too from the factory!!

Just to let you know it is sorted, thank you for replies.

No option for colour coded roof with 110 hard top vehicles.

Phoned Land Rover on 0800 110 110 and all they did was quote colours off web site which needs updating. The Cairns blue, Tamar blue metallic & Tonga green now discontinued. Replaced by Tamar blue solid colour and Galway green & Ismere blue metallic. Dealer is posting showroom samples to us to choose colour.

In the event Mrs MINESAPINT & I cannot agree on a colour the dealer has offered to paint passenger side one colour & drivers side another so we will both be happy. Can't say fairer that that!

MINESAPINT

MINESAPINT,

If you like the Silver painting the roof is not a big deal or vastly expensive; the southern electric and thames water ones are done as such, and we've done plenty of other silver hard tops (external only leave the inside white).

Land Rover leave the old colours on the website until the new vehicles start coming through; a lot of vehicles are ordered from existing stock supply. However I agree someone trying to sell you a vehicle should know or readily be able to find the new colours.

Mark.

With regard to the colour, not a big deal for me. If Mrs MINESAPINT had not had something to say on the matter we would have been driving around in a Keswick Green one by now. However no bad thing and as she chose to get fussy about colour and it became clear we would have to place a factory order I got fussy about the other bits. We are ordering the County version with ABS in whatever colour Mrs MINESAPINT chooses. Would have ordered alloys but can't abide seeing the balancing weights clipped onto them. The Deep Dish alloys on mine do not have them on and are balanced with stick ons on the inside of the wheel. Much better idea. Anyway I can buy some Deep Dish alloys anytime.

MINESAPINT